Financial freedom is now at your fingertips
Calculator For Offsetting The Loan's Interest-Rate
Equity Pension Reverse Mortgage Calculator
An equity pension reverse mortgage is like a pension. You can choose to receive your cash in either monthly installments, or in quarterly installments (every 3 months), to suit your needs. You can also start the Equity Pension with a lump sum amount of your choice.
For instructions, scroll down or click here.
For our Lump Sum Reverse Mortgage Calculator, click here.
How To Use The Equity Pension Reverse Mortgage Calculator
6 Easy Steps:
- At the top, where you read "Interest Rate", choose an interest rate and term (duration) by clicking on 1 of the 6 Interest Rate buttons.
- Beneath "What's Your Home's Estimated Value?", input your home's estimated value by sliding the green dot to the number you want.
- Beneath "How Much Money Do You Want?", input your desired reverse mortgage amount by sliding the green dot to the number you want.
- Beneath "How Much Does Your Home Appreciate in Value Every Year?", input your expected home appreciation value by sliding the green dot to the number you want.
- Beneath "How Much Money Do You Want As A First Lump Sum?", input your desired first lump sum amount by sliding the green dot to the number you want.
- Lastly, beneath "How Much Money Do You Want To Receive Each Month, As Ongoing Monthly Income?", input your desired ongoing monthly income amount by sliding the green dot to the number you want.
The results of each scenario are shown instantly in the graph and table.
See How Your Home Performs in Different Scenarios
Use the calculator to see how rising home values can offset some (or even all) of the amount of reverse mortgage interest accruing against your home. If your home's value rises enough, it can even offset the original reverse mortgage loan amount (the "principal"). In highly concentrated urban areas, such as those in Ontario and British Columbia, a complete offset of the loan has not been uncommon.
Lump Sum Reverse Mortgage Calculator
Click here to use this calculator.
"My wife and I started working full-time at a very young age. We bought our first home together when we were both just 24. I still remember the day we picked it out – it was perfect! After we had our third child, we knew we would always be working to stay on top of our mortgage payments. That meant we would have a tough time travelling, something we’d always dreamed of doing together. Since retiring, we have had the freedom to travel to three continents. Thanks to our reverse mortgage, we’re retiring exactly how we wanted." - Greg A